Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Wedding

So I'm officially starting to plan my wedding. Because of financials I can't confirm my selected wedding date, however because my wedding is a little off-beat  I have the advantage of waiting a little longer than suggested to book the reception venue.  We are having a church ceremony that will have a elegant feel.  My goal for my wedding it to be fun, stress free and a celebration of my groom and I.  I want my wedding to feel like a family get together, relaxed and enjoyable without all the drama of usual family gatherings.  I may even create a code of conduct that everyone has to abide by or they will be kicked out.  My biggest challenge for my wedding day is that I don't do well being the center of attention. I know it will be about my groom and I but I don't want too much of the focus.  Which is why I'm  planing a not so traditional wedding. It also helps save money on decorations.

The dress, as previously posted I will begin shopping for it soon and I'm very excited.  I can't wait to start trying on dresses and finally feeling like a bride.  The first time I put on a dress is when I will finally feel like I am getting married.  I'm lucky that I will get to have my mom by my side for the shopping as well as my big sister (who is my maid of honor) and my other two bridesmaids.  

The wedding colors. We are currently running with the colors of midnight blue and purple. Although we have considered many others like Navy and Slate Gray with tangerine accents or Purple, Green and Cream.  I suppose the final colors will be based on what I pick out to wear and what the bridesmaids dresses look like.

Other ideas: welcome baskets for out of town guests as opposed to favors, signature cocktail instead of open bar, private party in a hotel suite instead of a ballroom, playlist on a ipod instead of a DJ, splurge on a photographer and ask friends or family to videotape the ceremony and parts of the reception.

Well thats all I can think of for now so I suppose I will sign off and keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment