Friday, May 20, 2011

I said YES...

I found my dress the other day.  I'd love to post it but my groom does occasionally read this blog so I won't spoil any surprises.  I love my gown it is what I wanted and its perfect for my style.   I can't wait to show my bridesmaids and to wear it on my wedding day.

Now that one of the big items in out of the way time to plan the rest of the wedding.  I found a book on how to plan a wedding on a small budget ($2,000-$10,000) and it has been great so far.  I've also entered into a contest to try to win my bridesmaids dresses from WeddingtonWay.com .  I stumbled upon this site one day and It is a great idea.  You can find dresses by colors, compare them and let your BMs vote on which ones they would like.  You can also invite your BMs to your page so that once you pick a dress, you can track to see who has ordered their dress and who hasn't.  Which is grate if you have a slacker in your group or someone who is far away.


Now to set the rest of my priorities for the wedding.  I have the dress and the groom so I suppose all I need are the venues, photography, food, and guests. I'm sure there are other things that I will need but they are lower on the list and will most likely be done a few months before the wedding. 

I think I'll also make a list of things that can be done if there is time and money.  I think that list will include: welcome bags, gifts for parents, custom flowers, cake/cup cakes, videography, activities for out of town guests. 

I'm also really looking forward to having a bridal shower thrown by my friends and family as well as my bachelorette party thrown by my Maid of Honor.  I'm hoping that we will have the funds to host an engagement party as well as a rehearsal dinner. (or have some really nice family members who will host these events for us/in our honor).

No comments:

Post a Comment