Monday, April 16, 2012

Wedding worthy songs and other things on my mind

So I see lists and lists of wedding songs.  Everything from first dance to father daughter dances to music to keep the party going.  I was just thinking about some of my favorites.

I knew I loved you before I met you by Savage Garden
God Gave me you by Blake Shelton
Then by Brad Paisley
Could not ask for more by Sara Evans or Edwin McCain
Can't touch this by M.C. Hammer (an old favorite of my fiancee and I)
Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice
You by Chris Young
My Little Girl by Tim McGraw (my favorite Father Daughter Song)
Old Time Rock and Roll by bob Segar
All you need is love by the Beatles
L-O-V-E by Nat King Cole
Marry me by Train
Wedding Dress by Matt Nathanson


Sooo with the music listed (I'm sure there's more but I can't keep track) it's time to get to the other things on my mind.  I know there are some traditions that most brides follow but lately there are many that I'd like to skip.  I'm pretty sure that I would like to skip the bachelorette party at least in the traditional sense.  I'm all for a nice night out with my girl friends or some fun but I'd rather not have a crazy "last night out"  I don't want to drink tooo much or go party it up in Vegas.  I want something much more me.  I'm still trying to figure out how to have my bridal shower without it being too corny.  I feel like it is my job to plan a lot of this.  I know it supposed to be for my bridesmaids to plan but one lives out of state and the other is often as busy as I am.  Knowing that we have a limited budget I'd rather just have my bridal shower and then grab dinner with some good friends.  There are a few other traditions that I would love to break but I haven't decided what I want to do.  At times I wish I had a fairy godmother to make all my dreams and wishes come true but at the same time if they all did come true what would my wedding day look like.  Maybe it would be a garden in a beautiful winery and I'd be wearing my dream dress, (or even better the dress I sketched!).  My groom would look dashing in a custom suit and take my breath away and much as I will his.  I'd have a beautiful hand-tied bouquet of peonies, hydrangea, and dahlias.  The best part of all would be the most memorable day of true love shared between my groom and I.  This last part will ring true no matter what the day, I just hope it will be everything I want, everything I've dreamed of and everything I hoped it could be.  I love my fiancee with all my heart and the day I marry him will be the happiest day of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment