Thursday, July 26, 2012

Inspiration ...

comes from the most unexpected places.  I went to the farmers market this morning and found some wonderful breads and fresh produce.  This struck me with inspiration for the bridal shower menu.

Baked Ziti, Bruschetta, Fresh salad, mini  Rosemary bread grilled cheeses, roasted veggies... with almost all the ingredients coming from the farmers market.  I overheard a few women talking about how the produce is still fresh and crisp a week later and tastes like if was just picked that morning.  This is the type of thing that we don't get when we shop at Albertson's, Vons or Smiths.  Where I live there is a farmers market every Thursday from 10am - 4pm.  With the Bridal shower being held on Saturday I could pick up the fresh produce that I need and have plenty of time to prep and make the items.  Not to mention we could pick up fresh fruit to snack on or use in desserts.  My mouth is watering just thinking about all this fresh and wonderful food.  =D

Menu:

Roma Tomato, basil bruschetta (with optional shredded parmesian cheese topping)
Baked Ziti
Rosemary grilled cheese
Salad - Green leafy lettuce, grape tomatoes, cuecumbers, bell peppers, carrots, other assorted veggies
Pitta chips with humas (maybe haven't tried this but sounds interesting)
Roasted eggplant, zucini, squash, potatoes, onions, carrots, etc. (whatever I see that would look and taste yummy together)

Desserts,
Fresh fruit
cupcakes
fruit tarts or shortcakes
French Macaroons (I might have to buy these but I really want to try them because they don't have coconut!!)

Iced teas, Fresh Lemonades, Italian Sodas and punch to drink!!

I think we have a menu!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment